Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back-to-School (First Week Outfits)

I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again just in case you didn't catch it the first time. School started three weeks ago.
This school year, I'm really trying to express my personal style. I'm making it my mission to have at least one unique piece in every outfit I wear. This change in expression of style has been kind of hard on me. I'm not used to standing out, even though I do like it sometimes. (I know I'm not that unique compared to other bloggers, but in Douglasville, Georgia, I pretty much am.)
I think I'm an attractive person; I'm not that bad, and in the past, I used to dress like the typical pretty girl ("normal", trendy, flirty, feminine, and just...pretty). I've almost done a total 180° this year with my (faux) septum, and all the spikes, chains, and dark colors I'm wearing now, but this is the real me.
I'm starting to feel like my uniqueness is intimidating, especially to guys. The way I'm getting treated this year is much more different than how I was being treated last year (but I was the new girl last year; maybe they were just excited. haha!) My uniqueness has also helped me gain a different type of confidence, and some new friends and admirers too. Either way it goes, I'm not going to stop dressing unique. I think it's a good thing, especially since I'm an aspiring fashion designer.
But anyways, let me get back on topic. Here are the five outfits I wore to school on the first week. Enjoy!



Monday: DIY lace top with black t-shirt underneath, Vera Bradley messenger bag, DIY tribal skirt, spike necklace, knee socks, lace-up boots
Tuesday: floral print, vintage jacket; black t-shirt; skinny jeans; sneakers; black bag
Wednesday: leather jacket, graphic t-shirt, skinny jeans, skinny belt, sneakers, black bag
Thursday: striped crop top, waistband dress (worn as skirt), blazer, sneakers, spike necklace, black bag
Friday: over-sized sweater, bodycon dress, spike necklace, lace-up boots, knee socks, black bag


 
Liebster Blog Award
"The Liebster Blog Award is given upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."
Rules:
1. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
Then create 11 of your own questions for the people you will tag.
2. Choose 5 people to nominate the award and notify (via comment, message, etc).
3. Link the tagger and the nominees in your post.
I was nominated by Heylj.com.
Heylj's questions for me are:  
  1. What are 3 things that you can't leave home without? My keys, my mirror, and my chapstick
  2. Red velvet Cupcakes or Chocolate Cupcakes? Red velvet (I loveee chocolate too though!)
  3. Juice or water? Juice, duh!
  4. Describe your favorite piece of clothing that you own right now. My brown lace-up boots. I wear them with everything. I'm wearing them right now!
  5. How often do you go out to eat? Almost never
  6. How often do you go shopping? As often as I have money. I would've said once a month, but I'm starting to go more often now because I have a job. I do quite a bit of online shopping too.
  7. If you could visit 3 different cities...It would be? New York, Los Angeles, Paris
  8. What is your favorite Movie and TV Show? Movie: I don't have a favorite. TV Show: Bad Girls Club
  9. Heels or Wedges? Heels
  10. Pastels or Neon colors? Neon
  11. Why do you blog? I like being inspired by others and inspiring others. I like "associating" with others who share my love for fashion, and blogging has its perks.
Here are my questions:
  1.  How long have you been blogging?
  2. What's your favorite trend right now?
  3. How would you describe your style?
  4. Where are your favorite places to shop?
  5. Why do you blog?
  6. What's the greatest amount of money you would ever spend on a piece of clothing?
  7. What inspires you?
  8. Do you wear more black, or more white?
  9. What makes your blog different from other blogs?
  10. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you own right now?
  11. How did you come up with the title for your blog? 
My nominees are:


-Diane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment